Wednesday, January 4

The Old Funnybone

Hello folks. Its time for an embaressing story for all of you eager (joke) listeners about my not-so-funny "funny bone". Am I the only person in the world that has hit their funny bone and thought: AM I going to DIE!? Well let me tell you, today I thought I was being visited by death itself after I hit it the ole funnybone on this metal machine at work that we like to call "the baler".


Only two, or three times in my life have I hit it on this very death spot, and everytime I do, I start to have some sort of melt down.
I didn't even hit it that hard, but my body like freaked out. The first couple of seconds I was fine. I thought wow, what a relief that I didn't hit it where it really hurts. Then all of the sudden, Im making faces, and yelling ahhh! (like for reals) and I had to stumble over to a couple of boxes, and put my head between my legs. No one was there to witness any of this, which is kind of a shame because I bet it would have been HILARIOUS. (Last time I injured myself at work by trying to slide a giant ladder under a beam and instead slamming my face into said ladder that slammed into the beam- no one saw that either) These moments of humiliation are meant to be shared, in my opinion. Im always jipped.


Anyways next thing I know, Im staggering myself to the break room like a big drunk person. A thought crosses my mind that I wish I could faint haha. I could feel my face draining of all its color. As soon as I made it into the break room, this girl is watching me as I walk to the nearest chair, and I wondered if she's thinking wow there's something seriously wrong with that chick- aka me. I started feeling nauseous, and I was thinking should I just go on my lunch break 3 hours early and sit this next hour out? As soon as I layed my head down for about two minutes and close my eyes, I felt like the world was dead to me, and I didnt care if I looked stupid.  3 minutes later I realized I was totally fine. It usually only takes about 5 minutes for recovery from hitting the old funny bone, but what a freak show!

No comments:

Post a Comment