Saturday, January 21

Memories from when I was a kid pt.1

I guess I must have had a pretty great childhood because Im always telling my husband stories from back when I was a kid. I looked at life so much different back then, I think I was a pretty happy kid. Things were so simple. I also was a very very very weird kid growing up, its a wonder that I had any friends haha. And that's what makes the memories so great, because I dont even understand why I was the way that I was.

In junior high, I entered what was probably the most awkward phase in my life, or anyone's life really. I had glasses, braces, a stick skinny body like an ethiopian, and my best friend had an afro. Oh and I was in the band, which funnily enough I did to impress a boy, haha. That didn't really work out. I was so blissfully unaware of my nerdiness. I thought that I had it going on back then! haha. And then I look back on pictures from then, and I am grossed out beyond all belief. There are some so bad that I have started collecting them in a secret pile that no one will ever be able to see again.

Another very awkward thing that I did at that age happened when the Bishop of my ward called me into his office one sunday afternoon. He pulled me into the room, sat me down, and said, "Now Caitlin, after praying carefully about this, your young women's leaders would like to call you to be the Beehive President". Immediately I was on my feet yelling "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!" I am not exaggerating, like at all. In fact, im probably under exaggerating. I probably did like a victory dance for him, because, I thought that if you were called to be the beehive, or mia maids, or laurel president, it meant that you were "the best". haha. I remember my bishop was actually totally laughing, im sure out of bewilderment that I would be so thrilled about this. He even told my mom about it, and she couldn't believe it.

Anyways, one of the stories I told Jesse the other day, was when my dad was training me how to ride a bike, I was like five years old on training wheels. I was making little circles in my col-de sac, and some how I ended up falling off my bike. It was very traumatic for me, I scraped my knee and even bled a little. But I thought it was the end of the world. I turned to my dad and yelled: IM NEVER GOING TO FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS! and ran inside! hahaha. Like it was all his fault. Poor guy. I didn't legitimatly learn how to ride a bike until I was like ten, which was my deepest darkest secret that I kept from all of my friends. My sister lauren, who's 4 1/2 years younger than me learned on the same day I think. ha! That just gives you a little perspective to how uncoordinated I really am. I sware I have different genes from the rest of my family.  My older brother got some award for being one of the top three most athletic males in his high school! What a blow! :)

2 comments:

  1. Now this is the Caitlin I remember :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Beehive President story. Awesomely cute.

    ReplyDelete