Monday, September 19

The crazy things people say

The other day at work I ran into an aquaintance/friend guy from the other wal-mart that I transferred from in A.F. He gave me one of those awkward side hugs, and I wasn't sure whether or not that we were the kind of friends that hugged, so I kind of just let my arms hang limp at their sides. NOT that I wanted to be rude. He's always been a sweet guy, but he was a little over-excited to see me so I was scared. ANYWAYS, we got to talking about the old days, you know the catch up "small talk" that people do. It was good to see him I realized. I miss some of the people there, and think about them sometimes. (One cute old guy in particular we all called BIG DADDY. He always had a soft spot for me, and he could only hear about 50% of the things you said, because his hearing was so bad). He told me he quit wal-mart because it was getting really crazy over there, no surprises there. Then he said to me, hey you've lost a lot of weight. It took me a second to respond because I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. Then I realized what I was wearing. Sometimes when I dont feel like doing laundry at that DANG landromat I borrow one of jesse's byu shirts, and pass it off as wal-mart attire, like a true byu fan would. I corrected him and said no this is just a really big shirt. His memory of me, must have been of a big FATTY. Pa hah! I came home and told my husband and he says, blog about it sweetie haha. Anyways you had to be there, we had a good laugh.

2 comments:

  1. You've NEVER been a fatty, girl. You're gorgeous and sweet and have a great sense of style...will you help your frumpy cousin out??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha tiff, that is really funny. Good one. You hot, woman. I dont want to here any of this frumpy talk

    ReplyDelete